Liverpool failed to get back to Seville

Liverpool failed to get back to Seville

Liverpool stumbled in an attempt to revenge Seville for the lost Europa League final in 2016. Merseyside were unable to return to Champions League victory after a 3-year absence from the tournament. Their last participation was during the 2014/15 season when the team dropped out of the group stage of the tournament. Jürgen Klop's alumni ended in a 2-2 draw against Sevilla on Icefield in their first E-tournament match. The hosts scored Roberto Firmino in the 21st and Mohamed Salah in the 37th minute of the match. Visan Ben Jeder in the 5th and Joaquin Correa in the 72th minute of the match were accurate to the Andalusians.

Jerseys manager Jurgen Klop had made three changes to his starting line-up. 11. Loris Karius kept the door, and Dejan Lovren and Joe Gomez also found their place among the holders. Philippe Coutinho was first included in the Liverpool group early in the season and entered as a reserve in the 76th minute of the match. Inside the team, mentor Eduardo Berriso had to do without Clema Langele and injured Nolito, whose Joaquin Correa entered.

The Andalusians took the lead after their first attack. In the 5th minute, Sergio Escudero got a good pass on the left side of the penalty area and sent to Wisam Ben Yedder, who could not go wrong for 1-0.

Liverpool could quickly return the draw to the match. In the 10th minute Sadio Mane attempted to threaten Sergio Rico's door with a blow to the lower right corner. However, the Seviyah's watchman was throwing himself away with self-confidence, keeping his net clean.

Seconds after a corner kick from Roberto Firmino managed to score with a header from the penalty area, but the ball passed inches from the crossbar.

The continual attacks of Merseyside have finally resulted, and in the 21st minute Roberto Firmino scored the equalizer at the meeting. Alberto Moreno found the unspoilt Brazilian with an unbeatable pass that just slid the ball into the empty goal for 1: 1.

Just two minutes later, Emre Zhang missed a golden chance to double for the hosts. The midfielder came out in a good shooting position and fired, but made it inaccurate, aside from the right beam.

Liverpool's attacks continued and logical Merseysides led to the result. In the 37th minute, Mohamed Salah managed to overcome Stephen N'Zonzi, and then shot from the border of the pennant. The ball ricocheted at Simon Kayer's foot but eventually penetrated Squireo Rico's network for the second time.

In the 42nd minute, Merseyside missed another shot and, to some extent, killed the intrigue in the game. In a new attack on Liverpool, Sadio Mane mastered a precise pass and invaded the penalty area. In his attempt to get first to the ball, the defender of the Andalusians Nicholas Pareho helped with his hand and then held for Mane's shirt, and Judge Danny McCaley did not hesitate to show the white point. Firmino stood behind the ball, but aimed at the right pillar.

The second half began again with the pressure of the hosts. Just over an hour of Einfold's play, Edward Barriso, coach of the guests, was sent to the stands after he threw the ball away so Joe Gomez could not make the side throw.

In the 61st Mohammed Salah reached a weighted ball on the edge of the penalty box and fired at the bottom right corner. At the last moment, Rico reached out and rescued.

Four minutes later, Mane, with a powerful 18-meter shot, tried to cheat Sevilla for the third time in the game, but the ball flew over the crossbar.

In the 68th, Wainlundum attempted a shot at the bottom left corner of Liverpool's door, Rico intervened well and took out the ball.

The many loopholes on the part of the Merseyside were expensive, and in the 72th minute the Andalusians were leveled. Luis Muriel brought Hoakin Corea in an excellent way, biting the ball between several of Liverpool's defenders. Without delay, the Argentine shoots, returning the draw to the match.

In the added time of the match, Muriel again made Liverpool fans shiver when he managed to get away from the hosts' defense and reach Loris Karius. The Colombian striker laughed as if he were going to shoot, then shot, but the ball went off the target. However, there was doubt as to the ambush, but Danny MacLeely let the game continue. Liverpool finished the match with a lesser player after Joe Gomez made a second yellow card and a red card respectively in the closing seconds.

In the other E match Maribor and Spartak Moscow also did not win a winner after finishing 1: 1. Bulgarian national Ivelin Popov came into play for the Russian champion in the 85th minute at the meeting of Quincy Promes. Both hits were held during the second half. Alexander Samedov opened for the guests in the 59th minute, and Damian Bohar brought back the tie in the 85th, shaping the final result. During the meeting, Spartak Moscow's supporters threw a signal missile to judge Denis Aikin, who played for the first time in the eighth finals between Barcelona and PSG (6: 1).